9/1/08

artists


I don't know about you, but I've never considered myself an artist.  That title was reserved for the painterly types...living and dead.  My friend, Kathleen is an art teacher and I certainly consider her an artist.  She buys those tubes of pigment that you squirt on a palette and real horsehair brushes.  Nope, I'm a crafter, not an artist...but I think I wanta be and then just now I look up the meaning in my online dictionary and lo and behold...I think I qualify!   Dictionary definitions

Wiktionary defines the noun 'artist' (Singular: artist; Plural: artists) as follows:

  1. A person who creates art.
  2. A person who creates art as an occupation.
  3. A person who is skilled at some activity
So, Kyle was right...we ARE all ARTISTS even if we don't know how to draw....or paint with real paints!

Hope you get to spend lots of time today doing what you love...I know I'm gonna nurture the artist in me and my DS!

2 comments:

Shelly said...

The sentiment is just perfect. I love your card Susan, the bowl of fruit looks fabulous with the black magic tech.

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful stamp to use this technique on - oh Great Artist Susan! Love all the colors in the fruit - and super sentiment! Yes - I guess we are all in the club!!!