11/19/08

A Christmas Story


It's just about that time...the bogs along the coast are  empty from harvesting those jewels we know as cranberries...our air is crisp with the smell of junipers, cedars, and wood burning.  Guess I'm not setting any records for being early with Christmas cards, but I have my first one of the season created now!  I recently found this delightful plate from Artistic Outpost called Christmas stories.  It is filled with vintage images from the 60's that take me back to my childhood.  I love the little girl sitting on her Mom's lap reading a golden book.   Today's sketch challenge on SCS  was perfect for the center image.  And then it was just a matter of decorating the squares, rectangles, and mantels...opps, well, maybe not the mantel.   I picked up a new to me Basic Grey paper pad at Michael's yesterday called 'Mistletoe and Pear'.  It is filled with these soft blue green colors and I was able to cut the ornaments from one of the pages to use in my corners. 

Thanks for stopping by and I hope your creative energies have a chance to flow out from you.

4 comments:

Darlene said...

Great job Susan ... that image is fantastic!! Really love how your did your corners ... sets off the image perfectly!!

Jami said...

What a great image, and you're right, so perfect for this sketch!! I love how you adorned your corners with those lovely ornaments!!
hugs, Jami

~amy~ said...

Great choice of images Susan...it is absolutely perfect for the sketch challenge. The colors are magnificent!!

Femin Susan said...

Hi,
Great work...Keep it...
Welcome to my blog...