5/8/09

another road trip


~~~ down memory lane, to the very first time I saw the Golden Gate Bridge.  It was 1981 and I had come to Northern California on business.  It was July, I had to make a stop in Berkeley for warm clothes...purple cords and a sweater.  And I, forever, identified with Mark Twain, when he said, "The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco". Needless to say, I froze sitting at the North Tower vista point hair in my face from the wind and fog.   I've loved that bridge ever since, reading books about the construction, walked over it, sailed under it, driven over it more times than I can count and of course, photographed it.  So today, I add another, create a card to honor it!  

The Friday challenge on SCS is limited supplies...today Judy issued a call for create a card that celebrates some occasion in May.  When I saw the Golden Gate opened in May of 1937...I just knew I had to ink up the Inkadinkadoo image with Tim Holtz's distress ink in Spiced Marmalade!  You can find other details over in my gallery.

Happy Friday, all!  Another full weekend with Babe Ruth games, Mother's and our special day!

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

Susan...magnificent card and story...there is something about your storytelling that makes me feel like I am re-joining you on your adventure..kwim? Anyways...lovely color combo...I love blue and orange together...so refreshing...happy Mother's Day weekend Susan...enjoy yourself!!

Julia Aston said...

Great story about your personal connection to the bridge - I biked over it once with Kent about 6 years ago when we traveled there from the East coast to attend a wedding! Love the colors on this Susan and the 'waves' you created with the punch. have a great weekend and Happy Mother's day!