5/10/09

Happy Mother's Day


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there.  I am especially remembering my dear grandmother, whom I called Mom, this morning.  What a saint, a tower of strength, the essence of patience,  she radiated love!   My cheerleader.  And oh what a cook!  There was one thing in particular I loved  and that was tunafish (no recipe here, just and this and that kind of thing).  Long after I was gone from home...finished with schooling and married, whenever she would come visit, I always asked if she would make tunafish for me...somehow I could never get the taste just right.  Well, it wasn't until she went home to be with the Lord, did I prefect the art of her tuna.  And now it's my speciality.  All my guys love it and I even double the amount.  I can just slather it on sourdough, hold the big fat sandwich in my hands, bite down and be right back in HER kitchen in the '60's.  Think I'm gonna make a fresh batch this afternoon...I miss you, Mom! 

5 comments:

Christine said...

Oh Susan, what a lovely, elegant lady! You know what? - her tunafish tasted different to you because she was putting her own special brand of love into it. Now that she has gone Home, she left that special flavor of love, and, along with your own love, you have perfected the art of tunafish and made it YOUR specialty.
Happy Mother's Day!
Christine
aka whim6915

~amy~ said...

Oh Susan, what a magnificent tribute to your Grandmother!

Happy Mother's Day Susan...I hope it was FABulous!

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely looking woman Susan! and look at that smile - I can see that wonderful caring look in her face - isn't it wonderful we are able to keep them alive with our memories and traditions!

Patricia Rose said...

what a beautiful tribute to your Grandmother, Susan.... What a lovely lady...

Judy Rozema said...

What a beautiful tribute for a beautiful lady!