5/2/09

I wish I may, I wish I might


It's Sunday and time for the Featured Stamper over on SCS. A day to be challenged by a new style. This week Beth picked Sparkplug17. And when I saw Sparkles' Eiffel Cupcake, I knew I wanted to case this elegant card. My cupcake is of the "Costco" variety, enough cake for 3! And the tower is scaled to fit, courtesy of Oxford Impressions! I added French Script for flair and a black paisley panel for texture.

I was fortunate to visit Paris for the first time as a 16 year old with stars in my eyes and romance in my heart. I got to dine in the tower, having my first escargot presented with clarified butter and garlic...I thought I was so very sophisticated! No one from my home town had ever eaten snails...of that I am certain. But nowadays, just give me the cupcake!

Hope your day is a lovely one...

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE it Susan....what a fun idea...love the costco size cupcake :) Tooo Fun...lucky duck that you were able to go to Paris...how fun as a 16 year old...

Have a super week my dear!!!

Julia Aston said...

Ou la la, how lucky you were to visit there at the age of 16! I'll pass on the snails myself.... LOL!!! love this wonderful cupcake au Paris - and your wonderful color choices! Tres bon mon chere!!!

Gloria Dojlido said...

OOOHHH LA LA...Paris..

I have never been to Europe!

Your card did take me there today though....beautifully done.