5/2/09

Style is Eternal


Don't give up on me, friends and fellow artists!  Life has thrown me some curves recently...my dear MIL was hospitalized last week and missed the parties.  Family and company came and went without a proper celebration!  So as you can image, that is where I have been giving my time.  She's home, but we are looking at rounds of medical tests and such...so if I turn up missing, that's probably where I am...

I did manage to stay up to the wee hours this morn to play in the Inspiration Challenge over on SCS...I just couldn't resist when the inspiration was prom dresses!  It certainly got me to thinking back on my one prom dress I had in my high school years.  Back then, you went DOWNTOWN to shop and the store fronts were filled with beautiful dresses.  I selected a long shift, yellow with a white lace bodice and sleeveless.  I had white gloves up to my elbows... The next year, I turned the dress around and wore it with the "V" modestly in front and it created a whole new look.  Can't remember how much it cost back in 1970...but probably not much more than $29.99~~~

I will send my card to my mom for Mother's Day.  She is and always has been one stylish lady! It you would like more details, please hop over to my gallery, I have most of the details there! I hope you find much joy in this May Day weekend...

5 comments:

Anne Harada said...

What a great prom dress story!! Never would I think to wear a dress backwards and I bet you pulled it off (the idea, not the dress LOL!!) with class!! This card is wonderful Susan, I'm intrigued by those gorgeous velvet flowers!! Love it all!!

Dawn B. said...

I love your dress story. I have so many great memories of my own girls dressing up. Those were fun days that went to fast. I hope your MIL is doing better. I will say a prayer. Great job on this IC challenge. Take care.

~amy~ said...

What a fab prom dress story...and luckily I wasn't drinking my coffee when I read Anne's comment about your pulling off your dress...LOL...that was funny...I have missed your blog posts my dear...take care of yourself...hang in there...

Liz Williams said...

Thanks for the blast from the past. The proms I attended were in 1967 and 1968. My mom was a seamstress and made all of Lynn's and my clothes. I remember the days well but gosh it scares me when I think that was 40 years ago!! Yikes!!! Love your gorgeous card and I'll be praying for your MIL. I'm at my MIL's this moment and I'm on her computer. LOL You are so creative, my dear friend, and your mother will love this.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

Aren't we fortunate to have wonderfully stylish mothers! I think yours will love this...I sent the RED/black/white one I did to Mom today. We'll have to compare the comments we get!!! Best wishes to the whole family, and hope your MIL is well soon!