8/1/09

heavenly aprons



When Stef issued the Inspiration Challenge today and linked up the Heavenly Hostess site, I knew I would use this pic of my DH's grandmother, Josephine from the 40's. Something about the surroundings is very comforting. And while I never met her, I know her just the same. If you'd like the specifics of my card, please hop over to my gallery on SCS.

It always makes me happy to see this picture hanging in my kitchen for I am reminded of how much love IS stirred, chopped, whipped, and mashed into food that nourishes our bodies and souls. I think of my grandmother letting me lick the beaters when she made 7 minutes frosting, a tradition that my boys still enjoy today...only now with caramel frosting.

So to all the bakers and cooks out there, bring it on...reach out and teach a whole 'nother generation who needs to know what home cookin' really is!

Thanks for visiting me, I am honored you give me the gift of your time.

5 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Awesome!!!!

Anne Harada said...

Love this! Saw it over on SCS and had to come read more!! Awesome card GF!!!

Julia Aston said...

This is wonderful Susan! I love the picture of this wonderful woman - and the colors you used to mat the photo match perfectly pulling out the same colors in the pic - and that sentiment is perfect!

I'm so bummed that I'm missing all these wonderful challenges while I'm away!!!

Lost in Paper said...

this is just too cool!! I love the photo you've used on your card!!

I've left something for you on my blog... check it out.

Hugs, Teza

LeAnne said...

How sweet! What a great image to use for this challenge! TFS this with us!
LeAnne
PS: Your blog & creations are awesome!