8/20/09

summer afternoons


I long for times like this, how about you? This Artistic Outpost image was perfect for where my mind is today. It is part of the Keeper set and you can find it here. I accepted the 365 Card challenge, Mixed Message. You were to use three different types of characters to spell out a message. I chose a Scrabble tile, the ampersand from Purple Onion's Ancient Med alpha, and some fabric letters that I do not know the manufacturer. The image was inked on white GP cs with Adirondack Slate. The chairs were colored with a Copic, R81 and the sky was chalked with ChalkBox inks (azurite and icebox blue). The gorgeous velvet rosette is from a RAK, my friend Amy sent me. I am so proud that I actually parted with it instead of just looking at the package on my counter!!! Thanks so much Amy for this beautiful embellishment. A baby blue satin ribbon finishes the card.

Back to speaking my mind and memories of beach houses growing up and the vast, endless amounts of days then, the Henry James quote could not have said it better:

Summer afternoon~~~
Summer afternoon.
The two most
beautiful
words in the
English
language.

So I'll leave you with the thought to steal away a few moments THIS afternoon to pause and enjoy where you are at this *1*. Thanks for having a peek

11 comments:

Janice said...

This is beautiful, so serene!

TesaB said...

Wow! Beautiful card!!! And such a great take on the challenge! So creative!

~amy~ said...

Hey you...gorgeous take on the challenge...love how your card turned out! Great seeing you using the Maya Road embellie, I tend to hoard mine :)

Anonymous said...

Just lovely!!!!

Carolyn V said...

Gorgeous, Susan! The image... the rosette.. those marvelous pink Adirondack chairs!!

I've just placed my first Artistic Outpost order - and am very excited to receive it. Such delish images. :D

Sherry Eckblad said...

Susan, now you know I love this card so perfect for this challenge. And the quote is wonderful.

Jenny S. (UK) said...

Beautiful card, the pink chairs are calling

Tutu Crafts said...

I am loving the scrabble piece! Adorable card! I love how you colored the chairs pink on the black and white photo. I really draws the eye into the environment.

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a fun, fabulous, innovative creation

Anne Harada said...

Aww, what a wonderful creative card and a wonderful poem. So soothing, I love it, both actually! Thanks for the daily escape Susan!!

Julia Aston said...

I love your stamps and verses - and you always pair them up perfectly - what a wonderful escape!