2/6/11

EYEing you...

I adore Inkadinkadoo's Kid's Quotes line of sentiments...out of the mouth of babes so to speak.  And this one from Cameron Koch, age 4 paints such a picture in my mind!  Can't you just image a pair of glasses with springs on the lenses, going boing, boing, bong back and forth?  So when I saw the  Moxie Fab World  Tuesday Trigger with it's colors, textures, and shapes...an idea was born.



I used Stamp Francisco's optical lenses image placing tiny hearts over the eyes and then using UTEE to make the 'glass'.  The cupcake liners in the challenge photo inspired me to crimp my pink/orange panel.
along with the white scalloped felt edges.  I added the pretty gold ribbon for a bit of elegance of that scrolled paper.  PTI's Sweet Blush is the card base.

The layout is Card Patterns Sketch Pattern 101.  My friend, Amy Tsuruta  inspired me to give the sketch a try.  I must admit, I find sketches intimidating!  I am thankful for her encouragement.

This card also fits City Crafter Challenge Blog #42  All You Need is Love, to include the word,
 Love or hearts on your project.

Last week I mentioned that my husband and I will celebrate 24 years of wedded bliss on Valentine's Day.  Well, Cameron's quip is exactly right...my husband will look up at me and that connection still
leaves me 'twitterpated'!  MY eyes turn into little hearts for him.

Thanks kindly for the gift of your comments.

Blessings




11 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Another wonderful creation Susan! I have several of those kids quote stamps and they make me chuckle everytime I just look at them - congrats on your recognition last week on Moxie Fab world for your guy reading the newspaper - you rock GF!!!

~amy~ said...

wooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooo!!! Oh Susan, this card is so spectacular and soooo YOU....congrats on your upcoming anniversary....I love how many details you always have in your cards.....

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

So sweet and unique, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

Wow! this is definitely unique ... love it ... thanks for joining us this week at CCCB

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Susan! What a cool approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Unknown said...

What a fun image.. So different.. I just love it!! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

cnelson said...

so cute! love the sentiment! thank you for playing along at CCCB!

Benzi said...

What a fun, clever, and adorable 'love' card. Congrats on the upcoming anniversary. Twitterpated, huh? Too funny! Love your card...gives me a huge smile.

Stella said...

I;m smitten by this card. The sentiment stamp, the design of your card ( amazing glasses!) and the story that goes with this card. This card unique and fabulous!!!

Joanne (jojot) said...

I had never seen these kids'quotes stamps before and now I want them ALL.......I'm telling you that you are MY best source of quotes/sources for quotes....you have provided me with huge grins, thoughtful moments,.....very meaningful blog stop for me

now, if that pup would just give me more time to do so....lol!!!

Sandy Ang said...

Just so unique and whimsical ! Love your take on 'love'