12/13/11

12 Days of Tags, day 11

Well, I am down to the last two...they're completed, the blog entries are all that remain to be done.  I adore the day 11 tag of Tim Holtz, rockin the retro '60's Santa that I remember.  And while I couldn't compete Santawise, I decide to carry the mid century feel with more of a graphic vibe.  These are some My Mind's Eye papers from several years ago...loved the groovy tree.  My background for the tag was again a three tag learning experience with the blending and water 'slinging'!  I do like the depth of the background and am encouraged with my progress.  I used the tattered snowflake die cut into upcycled packaging, daubed and snowed.  I manage to revive my years old daubers and rather like to play around with the mottled look.  Don't you think it adds a good deal of texture back behind the tree?  The pom pom ornaments were cut from some lime green trim.  And eyelash fiber wrapped at the bottom in yummy blue, yellow and green colors.  I must say I enjoyed the step by step tutorials and that shrinky melting pot with the larger die cuts is something I am going to attempt.

This one definitely fits my homestyle with the rockin' ocean, sea glass, midnight sky theme.

So how are you feeling on this next to last day of the 12?  Learned some new techniques...I'd like to hear your thoughts.

Blessings

5 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Fabulous tag, Susan! I love how you used those pompoms on your tree. :)

Stella said...

A-B-S-O-L-U-T-E-L-Y F-A-B-U-L-O-U-S!!!! I am in love.....
Stella
XX

Sabrina said...

Now I don't know if this is my new favourite! The tree is so sweet. I'm glad to hear there's some hope for old daubers! I got one to try out the faux mother-of-pearl technique and was taken aback to find out how quickly it dried up. Looks great on your snowflakes.

~amy~ said...

oh i adore this one!!!

Lee-Anne said...

Indeed a winter wonderland, Susan! Cute pom poms on the tree!