12/13/11

12 Days of Tags, day 12

So here I am with the last tag, day 12.  And only off by one day in the actual posting.  That's some kind of record for me...big smile.  I have to say that Tim's final tag for 2011  was my favorite.  I loved all the shabby vintage goodness.  Music score, tinsel, German scrap, that heavenly blue 'home', foil Wish, and the porcelain doll. Lovely.

I thought on my interpretation for quite awhile, looking through papers and such.  The background of the tag sans his tissue paper is close.  I stamped the crackle element in random areas with a charcoal ink and then used the Picket Fence stain (that is one product I sprung for and love it!!!)  Next I stamped a music score along four horizontal  lines in Snow Cap ink embossing with Mystic embossing Powder (it's the most delicate pink iridescence ~~~ thank's K for that sample so long ago).  Then on top of all those elements I daubed Salmon paint that had been diluted with a bit of water.  Very pleased with this background and in only one attempt...maybe I am getting better.

My spirit model was inked on vellum and part of the words to 1 Corinthians 13 were placed behind the doll. Faith, hope, and love...a pearl heart button. Her dress is vintage lace part of a treasured stash of laces given to me by a artful friend.  I added the scalloped velvet band, a vintage German scarp pink bow and paper flower.  Along the edge is the rest of the verse...but the greatest of these is LOVE.

And to me Love is the most precious gift to be given in any season.  Is your heart overflowing...for in that, will others be blessed without speaking a single word.

Thanks so much for spending time with me.  I feel your gentle thoughts and love.

Susan

6 comments:

Stella said...

Susan this is amazing. I love every piece of this tag. Such a precious keepsake. You should frame this beauty.
Good to be here again; life has been busy and I am so happy I could squeeze in some time to be here....
Love and hugs,
Stella

~amy~ said...

yahoooo...ginormous congrats for making it to the end...GOOD work!

Maria said...

Hi Susan! Thank you so much for your sweet and encouraging comments! Your tags all turned out BEAUTIFULLY! I love your take on Tim's tags! BTW, that is soo cool you're from the Pacific NW as well! :)

nwilliams6 said...

Susan, I love this tag. I love the way you did the "Spirit Model" - especially how the words are behind it and then the rest of the scripture is on the side next to it - that takes some serious thought and planning (or devine guidance). You creations have so much thought in them and are a joy to look at.

I saw your post on my blog (I am running behind these days) and I am so glad you looked at some SARK books - she has so much fun in her.

Hope you are getting caught up on your Christmas preparations. I am guessing your home is filled with all kinds of warm and inviting decorations and treats!

Hugz!!!

Julia Aston said...

You really made Tim's tag your own here Susan - pretty bg and sentiment!

Lee-Anne said...

What a wonderful interpretation of Tim's tag, Susan! Love your doll and scripture! Simply beautiful!