12/3/11

12 Days of Tags, day 3

Hey out there, are your fingers inky with this days' tag...I am hoping to learn some new ways of using all these distressed products. The making of your own custom stamp is quite intriguing.  I am making a list and checking it twice...I get to go to my lss customer appreciation night later in the week and everything is 40% off....the cut and dry felt is at the top of the list...well that and more reinkers!  In the spirit of using what I have...I got out my many boxes of Alphas to create similar words as Tim used on his day3 tag.

I had to stamp three times to find the right proportions.  The JoY is a combination of ornate scripted letters with Purple Onion Designs' Vintage Postmark Date set. I LOVE this set and have used it many, many times.  You will find so many uses for this.  The ink is Nick Bantock Sapmoss Green.  The BElieve is a font called 'Playful Heart'.  It was stamped in Deep Turquoise and embossed with clear ep.
The third Purple Onion Designs alpha is the Great Circus, which I used to stamp Peace, in Chrome Yellow.  And the Christ is a calligraphy type script that I have no name for.  It was inked in TH di Barn Door.  I added vintage buttons to the right side and a red arrow pointing to the word, BE~lieve. The trim is old fibers and a vintage red button.

Thanks so much for your comments, hope you are having a wonderfully cozy weekend.

Blessings,
Susan

5 comments:

Sabrina said...

These tags must be so up your street. I keep meaning to get some cut and dry felt. In fact it might be worth checking whether the sheet in my plastic crate is actually felt and not foam! Lovely ribbons and fibres, and you've even signed the tag with Joy, I see :D.

~amy~ said...

love today's tag...great work and sounds like you are going to have so much fun at your LSS! 40% off is FABulous!

Lee-Anne said...

Love your sentiment stamps on this! Wonderful choices in colors too! The buttons and fibers really add great texture to this! Have fun shopping - 40% off...WOW!

Stella said...

Your tags are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G-!!
in fact; breathtaking!

Julia Aston said...

what lovely fibers at the top as well as the lovely charms - I love the words you created too!