12/8/11

12 Days of Tags, day 7

I have totally gone shabby with on this tag...Tim's day 7 was lovely in it's simplicity and invoked for me this very Victorian style.  My siren song these days is using what I have and as far as the glassine paper, I'll have to wait until we go to our favorite doughnut shop on the weekend...honestly I'm going to get the glassine bags they put the doughnut INTO...not the yummy crunchy, slightly burned apple fritter my husband dearly loves!  Opps, off track...

The base of my card is a 7 Gypsies scripty paper that I rubbed the Distress Stain (Picket Fence) all over.  I stamped the heavenly angel (Tin Can Mail) image directly onto the script paper.  She was colored with a combination of Copics and Dewent watercolor pencils.  That STAR has starlight Stickles laid over the top.  These beautiful beaded wings were a gift from across the pond. Flowers actually that I thought would make wonderful wings...perfect color and dimension.  The book is a Stampington image which I inked onto vintage sheet music paper from the '30's. I backed it with grungeboard adding the vintage German scrap foil along the edges.  The scripture from Luke 2 is a JRL Design stamp.  It was inked with VersaFine Onyx Black and embossed in clear.  I added 'oh happy day' (Wordsworth) along the upper left side of the tag.  Trims to match and a Tim key that has love written on the base.  The number 7 is an epoxy tag.

I shouldn't have favorites, but I think this one is mine.  It tells the whole reason for the season. It speaks of great love and indeed...it was a happy day~o.

Hope your day is filled with blessings,

Susan


6 comments:

Эля said...

very beautiful tag!!!

Joanne Travis said...

So beautiful, Susan!! I'll have to check out that blog for the challenges. I just bought 7 new Tim Holtz stamp sets and just haven't had the time to even give them a glance. Love your work and it is so good to see you posting regularly. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas season!!
Joanne

Cora Hoekstra said...

This one is so beautiful.

Lee-Anne said...

Shabby chic indeed, Susan! This is such a wonderful design centered around the true meaning of Christmas. Love each and every element on this beauty!

Julia Aston said...

Such loveliness Susan! Your 'book' is wonderful - with the Christmas passage - love the wings and key - you are always so creative in your thinking!

~amy~ said...

lovely work...I'm always in such awe with all your wonderful details that you bring into each of your tags!