12/11/11

12 Days of Tags, day 9

It's day 9  tag, the 'simplest' technique I'd say Tim's done this season.  I was anxious to try this as I love embossed anything, really!  So again determined to use what I have, I spent some time in my stamped image book looking for something to 'stand' in for his candlestick. Doesn't this Eiffel Tower (Christina Renee) look smashing inked with VersaFine Smokey Grey and stamped on black cardstock.  My damask background is from Purple Onion Designs.  I used the Limited Edition Christmas colors of the distress inks.  So this was the Evergreen bough and Festive Berries. Still need lots of practice blending...but I am pleased with the enameled look of the overall tag.  My little jingle bell wreath gives some sparkle.  The PEACE is a font from Purple Onion Designs called 'Pink Flamingo' inked onto acetate with jet black Stazon. I used a bit of vintage velvet trim for the bow and the tag.

Thank you for stopping by today.  Hope you will find time in your week for artful pursuits.

Blessings, 
Susan

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

LOVE it...the Eiffel Tower is perfect!

Julia Aston said...

Great creative design using the Eiffel Tower as the candle stick Susan - your bell wreath is so pretty as well!

Lee-Anne said...

So rich and so elegant looking, Susan! Love the Eiffel Tower!