2/25/16

sisters and nightmares...

 Up next for the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers:SoSS#53  M is for Mixed Media.  Check out the challenge by clicking my link.   These sisters could be Edna's long lost cousins.


Well in the old days, like my sissies up there in the photo, it was called collage.  But Mixed works for me.  Here is my creative process:

I love shoes, though I ruined my feet at the altar of fashion.  But these days, when I stumble across really fancy high heels, I must free them from their bondage (magazine), fussy cutting.  I knew these Jessica Simpson red suede HigH hEeLs would make a perfect statement one day.  Today is the day.

Actually I was waiting for these sissies...and my thoughtful son 'happened' upon the original of my photo and figured I'd be able to use them in a work of he{art}.  The original is a color photo from sometime in the late '50's or early '60's I am guessing.  I photo copied the original to keep it safe and worked with the black and white.  First thing I did was use my early '00's deckle edged scissors that came in a warehouse pac (anyone still use them) to create the edge the old brownie camera prints had.  That edge was then embossed with Sea Foam White embossing powder...looks pretty realistic, right?  Dug for the metal photo corners.


 Dry embossed the black background with a beautiful
Anna Griffin folder.

The thought bubbles are from two different companies, the oval shaped one is a Heidi Swapp, can't recall the rectangular one.  They were cut from watercolored paper already colored in the aqua hues.  I hand lettered:

sis, remember those Italian instruments of tortures?  Nashville~Harvey's 1963.

oh, those Sexy red high heels~my bunions, my hammer toe, the nightmares.

The netting at the top reminded me of the old hair nets you used to see on ladies of a certain decade.  I thought it was the perfect finishing touch.  Please let me know how I did and how 'bout those red suede shoes?

Thanks for stopping by.


5 comments:

Donna said...

Fantastic!!! I think those are for sure Edna's cousins!!!
Thanks so much for sharing and for joining the sisterhood of snarky stampers for M is for Mixed Media!!

Barbara Godden said...

I took a closer look and yup those are Edna's relatives, awesome card. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky stampers for the M is for Mixed Media challenge.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Amazing collage, I adore the lovely photo, great work with the scissors. Oh, yes, high heels ruined my feet too, but they do look so good!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Lindsey said...

They are closely related to Edna, I'm sure! Edna is over her high-heeled days too... most of the time. I love this card! I hadn't thought about it, but you're right, missed media is collage by a new name. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

Lindsey said...

Ugh... MIXED media! :D