7/19/08

play ball



It's time for the state Little League Championships beginning this weekend.  We're sending our youngest son to pursue his dream of Williamsport PA.  Slipped into his suitcase are several cards to be opened along the way, cards to encourage and remind him, we're rooting for him from home!  

The Saturday challenge was an Inspiration Challenge which you can find here. The art of Kay Lamb Shannon.  I decided to keep the rooster theme going and knew this Artistic Outpost sentiment would be perfect for my design. You can read the details if you like.  

I couldn't resist putting a card base on Andy's District picture from last season.  He had his rally cap on!  I love how it turned out, though when I cut the paper, I was hoping for more of the word Baseball showing, but I'll take the WIN any day!  

I'm off to bed now, I want to be a bit rested so I can make favorite breakfast before we send the team off.  I'll let ya know how it turns out!  Have a lovely weekend.

2 comments:

~amy~ said...

FABulous cards Susan...you are such a sweet mom to tuck cards into your boys' suitcase for them to find...Good Luck to you boy and the championships!

Julia Aston said...

What fun cards for Andy to discover in his suitcase - I'm sure it will make him feel great to know you are all thinking of him! Good luck to him - I'll be waiting to here how it all went - he and his team are winners already though - just for playing!