11/24/10

falalala Latte...

Eggnog lattes, peppermint mochas, gingerbread lattes, just take your pick!  I'll get the milk steaming.

My card today celebrates the best of the wintery season.  And the town where I learned to be a coffee snob. Over on The City Crafter Challenge Blog  this week is the city SEATTLE.  When we moved to Seattle in the early 1990's, Starbucks was just getting started and in their store you could go to 'Coffee College', a 3 night long get together where you learned the history of coffee, how it is grown, aged, produced, what is the best way to get a perfect 'shot' of espresso, the types of machines, well you get my drift, right???  After learning the ends and outs, I was on my way to being a coffee affectionné .


The very hip mug of holiday cheer is a stamp from I Brake for Stamps.  I used Liquid Applique for the foam on the top.  The sentiment  was masked and inked so I could place it along the bottom to fit the Sketch Challenge on SCS today. 

Thanks for the great city challenge, City Crafter.  I have just discovered your blog through my new, livin' in my city (actually less than 3 miles from my house) blogging friend, Jan, your guest designer this week!  It's my first time entering the challenge, but it most definitely won't be the last...I love traveling to new places or revisiting old favorites!

I hope everyone is mightily this Thanksgiving, reuniting with family and friends.  Stay warm.


Card Recipe:  Stamp: I Brake for Stamps
                             Paper:  Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses, Wassail, Figgy Pudding, Brazzill Brown Linen cs
                             Trim:    Vintage seam binding 
                             Misc:    Liquid Applique, Cuttlebug and Snowflake Embossing Folder, Spellbinders small rectangle
                                           UTEE and Tim Holtz Super Fine Embossing Powder

9 comments:

Sabrina said...

It's funny - when I was growing up the first sound in the morning was always the coffee grinder and then the gurgle gurgle of one of those old Italian stove-top espresso pots. And our family picnics were always sausage sandwiches, with the same coffee pot and fresh coffee for the adults. But I didn't start drinking it till I was eighteen. I still remember how good the espresso I used to have after Sunday dinner in Guernsey was - maybe it was the Guernsey cream :D.
Goodness - how many memories your card brought to the surface - and I am off to find the repeat of a program I heard the tail end of about how sounds can trigger memories of smell. As I said, your card smells of cinnamon to me despite the peppermint candies, which look good enough to eat :D.

Joanne (jojot) said...

a deeeelish treat for the eyes and a cute sentiment

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely card, great DP and very fun image. Such a treat to read and learn about the history of starbucks from your post. Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

Ros said...

Fabulous card ... great post too ... thanks for sharing at CCCB ... Happy Thanksgiving

~amy~ said...

happy thanksgiving susan to you and your family!

You know that I love your card...it's absolutely perfect and you can never go wrong with a coffee theme!

Stella said...

Looking at your card I made myself another cup of coffee :) It's gorgeous; that mug is fantastic. And what a clever way to put that cream on top of it!
Beautiful!

Unknown said...

What a cute image. and I loved hearing your story.. Thanks so much for joining us this week at CCCB!

♥Jan♥ said...

Your cream is delicious ! I too enjoy(ed) your story(ies) - coffee and Seattle do go hand in hand !! When I was in high school my boyfriend Carl and I spent every Saturday downtown Seattle, where we found old bookstores, the ferry terminal, bridges, and the monorail. I don't think we ever spent $2. Good memories....

cnelson said...

so cute! LOVE the sentiment! thank you for playing along at CCCB!