11/9/10

Wishing you...


Love. It's Tuesday, yeah! I don't often get to be creative on Tuesdays. However, this Tuesday the muse was 'clicking on all cylinders' to create a card that meets the requirements for 4 challenges! The Color Challenge on SCS was turquoise, red, and white. Over on the Gingersnap Creations Blog the call was for Haute Couture. The 365 Card Blog issue was a challenge about wishing. And finally at Flourishes Timeless Tuesday, Barbara called for glitter.
My mind is mostly one track, so to combine all this fabUlous challenges was definitely exercise for the grey matter.

I absolutely adore this lovely woman (Stamp Francisco) getting ready for an evening out, a play perhaps. I stamped her directly to paper with VersaColor Black ink and embossed with clear. She is colored with Copics and I used Martha's Turquoise Glitter for the hat. The wishing you is an image from Impress and the Love is part of a Technique Tuesday stamp that I masked the part I wanted to use...inking with Adirondack Red Pepper. I finished it off with a bit of tulle...seemed the perfect accent.

In retrospect, I should have created the lady in red. Have a listen, your ears will thank you!!! Hope you have a bit time in your day to let your muse play. I would love to know what inspired you!

13 comments:

Sandy Ang said...

She's so chic and elegant !!
Love to see you at my challenge - http://angsandy.blogspot.com/2010/11/sandys-challenge-1.html

~amy~ said...

OMGoodness....now that is some challenge multi-tasking skills Susan! Your card is wonderfully chic...perfect!

Stella said...

All I can say is WOW!!! :)

Joan Ervin said...

Ooooh, I LOOOVE ths gorgeous lady, Susan...she is sooo classy and elegant!!!! I love how you just used a hint of color and her sparkly hat is FABO!!!!

mueppi said...

Wow...... that`s so wonderful!
Hugs Gisela

Julia Aston said...

Love this sultry lady Susan! her dripping red nails and lips and the here and there blue coloring - just lovely!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

The stamped image is gorgeous! Thanx for playing at 365 Cards!

Anonymous said...

Stunning card! Totally gorgeous!

Dawn B. said...

WHat a cool stamp. You have always had such a great collection of stamps.. I really like the soft touches of blue here and there. Great job.

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG Susan..long time no see!!! I'm so thrilled you had time to join us over at the FTTC!!! Your card is not only fabulous, but oh soooo chic!!! Hope to see you soon again!!! Hugs ~S~

Pam said...

Gorgeous card - great colors!

SmilynStef said...

Love the pop of her red nails and lips ... and you're right ... the tulle was the perfect touch ... thanks for joining the Fashion Fun at Gingersnap Creations.

Michele said...

stunning! you are a well-deserved ginger gem! xo