9/2/08

inward beauty


I'll never forget the first time I saw this stamp at my lss. Several years ago, one of the owners was suggesting it to someone who chose not to buy.  I  had to bring her home last week during the going out of business sale.  I love her face. Wrinkles and all.  That face reminds me to go beyond appearances and look to the heart.  I find myself in this position now...I've noticed my face looking older, that mature look.  I look in the mirror and think who is that woman...I 'm still used to seeing a girl.  I haven't fallen in love with what I see in the mirror, YET.  Haven't embraced HER yet.  I know I will, it's just a matter of time...

I think of my Mom who wears her wrinkles with a twinkle in her eye...I wanna be like that!  I see my dear mother-in-law, who is so elegant and always so coiffured with the polish of a makeup artist, beautiful...I wanna be like that too!  I want to feel I've a right to all those wrinkles I can just see lying in wait at the edge of tomorrow on my FACE!  I want to embrace this new era with joyfulness...I'll have to have a to be continued...I've got to see how to grow into this new woman!  

I'll check back with you and please do the same!

If you want to link back to this on SCS, here tis

2 comments:

Shelly said...

I so hear you, I look in the mirror and think the same things. Awesome card and thoughts!

Liz Williams said...

Susan, not only do you make wonderful pictures with your unique and wonderful stamp collection, you paint the most beautiful picture with words. I think I'll make the wrinkle with a twinkle a certain goal of mine. You have such a wonderful insight to life's little treasures that so many of us tend to totally overlook. Thank you for showing us the beauty in all things, just as God intended us to.