10/26/08

guidebook



    I love the Featured Stamper challenge on Sundays at SCS.  It's a great opportunity to see how someone has developed as an artist over time.  I had such fun persuing todays' FS90, Speedystamper and in the end taught myself some new PhotoShop skills.  

I'd been wanting to use this picture of Sam from last summer in a card...
The card base is GP white. I printed my photo on vellum after the picture was altered to sepia in PS6. Perhaps I should have left it the gorgeous color it was...Sam's eyes are so blue and the stunning landscaped behind with the road snaking around...!!! The fun Inkadinkadoo kid's quote was stamped on top of the vellum in VersaColor Black and embossed with clear ep. I used bits from various papers to create the collage. The California license plate and the metal cars on road maps are from Tim Holtz. The green panel which is vintage post cards is the Passport group (Making Memories). I wanted the word CAR to show above the quote and tie the old cars together. UNDERneath the vellum photo, I stamped the word SON and in his hair right where the sonlight is hightlighting is a BIBLE, definitely THE guidebook in our family. I finished off with an epoxied circular pebble that proclaims adventure and I rolled a number wheel on the edges.  
And lastly, I couldn't forget x's and o's on his shoulder.

Please overlook this random assortment of fonts/bolds...I am still a blogging babe and it shows! Happy Sunday, all!


 








3 comments:

Jami said...

What a fabulous card!! I just love combining photos and digital stuff in my cards - it really gives us so many options to personalize things!! You did a marvelous job! Careful... PhotoShop is almost as addictive as those SCS challenges!!

Glad you are blogging and sharing...I added you to my reader so I can keep up with you!

hugs, Jami

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful digital page you created Susan! and how handsome is Sam!! wonderful collage of what this picture says to you -

~amy~ said...

Oh Susan, what a GREAT card...look at you getting all fancy smancy with your PS6! Good 4 u!!! Your son is handsome and a lucky duck to have you as his mom!