2/10/11

oh, to be Queen for the Day

This past week I was chosen as the 46th Queen for the Day over on SplitcoastStampers. It's been a lot of fun seeing how people interpreted my style.  I think in all the time I've been paper crafting, my style has ebbed and flowed more depending on my mood than anything.  Most of all, I strive to remain true to my ART.   Don't forget to click to enlarge the photo...I wouldn't want you to miss Maude!




I wanted to create a card to celebrate what it is to be Queen for the Day.  The quirky TV show from the late 50's-60's is considered a forerunner of the 'reality' type series.  I recall my mother watching when I was a young girl...I learned to tie my shoes one afternoon while she was enthralled with the story.  There was an applause meter, a crown, a throne, and prizes galore.  Even as a girl of 5, I thought a washer and dryer was a lame gift, though I did like that red velvet robe with the fur trim!

The I Brake for Stamps Stage Stamp is a favorite of mine.  Here I combined it, again, with B Line Designs 'movie house' image.  Playing on the big screen is Art Impressions 'Maude' and my quip is from
Prickley Pear.

So for everyone who shared their art with me, I thank you very much.  I hope you enjoy my tribute!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

What?!!! How fun!!!!! I'll have to pop over there and check it all out!!! Such a fun card Susan!!!

Emily Keaton said...

Susan, what an absolutely fun creation! Congratulations on being the 46th SCS Queen of the Day!! What a wonderful celebration of your unique and lovely style. I hope you loved wearing the crown!!!

Stella said...

I just kept giggling...This card is fun and definitely ART! I love the expression on the "queens'face" :)
Thanks for sharing this beauty; it's always lovely to be here!

Jana said...

Fun card. I remember that show just vaguely. I was a little girl then too. I like your card, Your highness.