12/1/11

12 Days of Tags, day 1


It's December, can you tell me how we could possibly be in the last month of 2011!  I could be decorating the tree, or baking, or even cleaning the house, but what am I doing?  Playing in the Tim 12 Days tag challenge. I've enjoyed seeing the past years inspiration...so I thought I would give it a go.  I'm not much of a technique junkie so this will be a bit out of my comfort zone.

For this first tag, I did emboss, distress, sand, glitter, die cut, and staple.  I liked what Tim wrote in his first posting of this years challenge:  "when it comes to shopping, there is no doubt none of us need anymore reasons to buy more stuff - so USE what you HAVE!  of course if that just doesn't satisfy the urge,"..!  I did rummage through my stuff and mostly used what I had.  I do confess I did buy the pinecone/needle die recently, what with all the after turkey day coupons...I had a feeling it would come in handy.


Ellen Hutson  is spring boarding off the Holtz challenge with her own more feminine side of 12 Days.  I think my card fits nicely right in between.  I used a vintage cherub image from River City Rubber that I inked with TH distress old paper , colored with Copics, added a bit of stickles on the window panes. My NOEL is hand stamped from the Calamity Jane Alpha (Technique Tuesday) and coated with Martha's snow glitter. The snowflakes are both dry embossed with a Cuttlebug folder and the more ornate snowflakes are from Stampers Anonymous stamped with VersaMark and embossed with Winter Wonderland embossing powder. Those cranberries are tiny felt trim I inked with Adirondack Cranberry. 


I hope you'll play along these 12 days...it'll give you a chance to step away from the chaos and do something artful...and let me know, I'd love to see what inspired you.


Blessings today and always 

3 comments:

Lee-Anne said...

Beautiful vintage design, Susan! Especially the image and your beautiful ribbons!

~amy~ said...

wow wow wow!

Julia Aston said...

Another lovely tag Susan! What wonderful sparkle on this! love that NOEL! I've heard of the 12 tags of Christmas - I'm gonna go check it out!