12/2/11

12 Days of Tags, day 2

I feel like a marathoner...running to get this posted before I head off for the 'real' world.  Usually the time  benefit us Pacific Time zoners, but not with these challengers. Tim Holtz's tags are always an inspiration. Today I've kept the theme, but mixed it up a bit, using 3 or 4 year old Basic Grey Christmas Paper that I think was a Michael's special.  I used a mixed sheet that had an elegant deer frolicking across floral fields.  I cut a second piece for the deer, used Pewter crackle paint, popped on dimensionals. I added a pearl necklace and a felt floral headdress.  On the right side I stamped the "PEACE" with TH walnut stain and lightly embossed.  The left side top has a Christmas script with postmark inked with TH pumice stone directly to the designer paper.  For my bottom interest, I used the fence diecut in a lovely Basic Grey aqua blue that I stapled (tiny TH stapler, of course!)  Greenery from a Martha Stewart punch was place behind and through the fence.  The #2  is just above the fence.

So is anyone else running a hectic pace today?  I am off...have a fabulous day.

Blessings for today
Susan

4 comments:

Julia Aston said...

Hi Susan! what a lovely tag creation! the fence looks so sweet meandering along the base with the ferns jutting out - have a wonderful weekend dear friend!

Lee-Anne said...

Susan, this is wonderful! Love the background colors and your little fence with the greenery! Such a wonderful scene!

~amy~ said...

super pretty...love the pops of blue on the red...hectic yes...so glad that it is the weekend:)

Sabrina said...

Love that deer with its pearly necklace, but the dimensional fence has to be my favourite element on this tag.