12/5/11

12 Days of Tags, day 5

I  loved the vivid color in Tim's tag today, which used reverse stamps, a transparent sheet and alcohol inks.  Amazing is what I say.  And I do hope to play around with the techniques when time allows...just not in the midst of a tag making session.  What that said, I let my Basic Grey Mistletoe and Pear paper stand in for the background. I love the scale of the pretty damask pattern.  The Gloria sentiment is from Wordsworth, inked in VersaColor and embossed with clear ep.  The trims on the right were 'built' with scraps from a decorator book cut with the Ornate Alterations die. I left one side frayed.  The black scallops draw the eye to the sentiment, don't you think?  The tiny wise men is a Rubber Monger stamp that I placed on an acetate panel using Stazon Jet Black.  I really like the scale of the image.  And then a red sticker for #5.

5 days, 5 tags..I must admit I am having such fun bringing my vision to life.  While this one is more of a CAS style, I am happy with the 'weight' of the elements.  Thank you for your encouraging comments.  And I do hope you are playing along.

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

oooohhh...my FAV so far although all of your tags have been fabulous...love this feature that you're doing!

Lee-Anne said...

Susan, your damask paper is the perfect "stand in" for the technique. Love the wise men silhouette against the paper! And yes, the black scallops do draw the eye to your sentiment! Playing along with the Tim's tags is so much fun...enjoy!

Julia Aston said...

How pretty with that lovely damask as background Susan! love that vertical sentiment and the traveling wisemen!

Sabrina said...

That sentiment looks so Irish, a la illustrated manuscript.
The frayed edge of your border is just lovely, too - makes me want to be able to feel it.