12/6/11

12 Days of Tags, day 6

Totally not even in the Holtz ballpark with this one, folks!  I loved his metal, vintage tin look and even admit to using a piece of upcycled foil embossed with an ornament ef...but I had no daubers.  And we know in the spirit of using what we have...collage seemed the next best thing.  This 3 or 4 year old K&Co (I think) paper is wonderfully mid century moddy.  I love the nontraditional colors.  The various images are all carefully cut from one of the sheets...notice the hat and mittens at the top of the tag.  I added tiny gem brads and bits of silk ribbon.  Also upcycled is the acetate strip that flairs out and above the tag.  I dry embossed it with one of the slender Alternations folders.  I glued and sprinkled Martha's snow glitter.  The birdies on the branches were cut...tucked a "merry and bright" under.  And a tiny #6 in the right bottom corner.

Now we are halfway through these challenges.  I have enjoyed reading and watching the videos on Tim's blog.  There are many new techniques I hope to practice.  How about you...feeling creatively refreshed or rushed???

Blessings,



3 comments:

~amy~ said...

I really adore the colors...sooo fun and fresh!

Lee-Anne said...

This is such a wonderful collage full of all things Christmas! Awesome colors, Susan!

Julia Aston said...

I love to see the places Tim's inspiration takes you Susan! what fun little mittens with the fibers on your tag - and that 'oh so sentimental' Christmas sentiment - pretty colors and design on this dear friend!

I'm getting so grungy with these fun challenges!

PS - daubers are just acrylic paint with a sponge applicator (which just get clogged up on mine since I use them so seldom!!) - I bet you have a few little squeeze bottles of that around?!?!