1/4/12

it's 2012, T


Happy New Year, everyone!  And even though it's wintery, snowy, frosty, cold, foggy, rainy, I can't help but feel optimistic about the fresh breath a new year brings.  How about you?  I am giddy just thinking of all the potential that lies ahead.

 Over on the Moxie Fab World blog, the current Tuesday Trigger is all about  'By the Numbers'.  When I saw the charming quilt with the field of random numbers, I couldn't help but think about those Cosmo
Cricket 'Joy Ride' numbers.  So to celebrate 2012 and the journey it brings, I designed a card for a dear friend who has been very brave this year, journeying onward and into the next chapter of her life.  And while the road has had lots of twists and hair bending turns, I am confident she'll also find smooth straights ahead.
This Week's Tuesday Trigger

The Amuse sentiment : The journey is the Reward was inked along the side of my card.  I used the sketch from SplitcoastStampers SC366 for the layout.  A piece of upholstery fabric along the side (actually from my friend) and the bottom horizontal panel crimped.  The 'T' charm was created with a Tim Holtz fragment.  The 2012 numbers are from Crafty Secrets.

Thanks so much for stopping by and I encourage you to stop now, close your eyes, take a deep breath and slowly exhale...and pause....Happy Fresh New Year!

Blessings for today,
Susan

9 comments:

Carla S. said...

Happy, happy new year, Susan! I hope it brings you health, happiness and lots of time for your artistic pursuits! Your card for your friend is just wonderful! Of course you had the perfect paper and all the other details are so creatively composed! I am sure she will appreciate you beautiful and thoughtful card!

Linda Kunsman said...

really fab card- I love all the layers and elements which come together so well!!

Stella said...

Awe... this is making me smile and sigh :) Spot in the challenge and such a lovely way to start cardmaking 2012!!!!
Have a happy, healthy and wonderful new year!
Stella
XX

SandeeNC said...

I absolutely love the sentiment you chose and in reality, it's a concept I should take to heart. Your card and post was captivating and found myself not only reading it twice but moving the screen back and forth between writing and card. Thank you also for the comment you left on my blog, I have joined your site and look forward to reading more from you!

Anne Tussing said...

Awesome take on the challenge!! Thanks for reminding me to take a deep breath!!

Donna B. said...

Fun card! Nice take on the trigger!

~Tammy~ said...

What a great New Year's Card and fantastic approach to the trigger!

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Susan! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

Teresa Zuehls said...

What a fun card and great take on the TT! I love the sentiment so true.