5/30/09

to B 14...


...do you remember when you were 14?  I do, it was mini-skirts and Yardley make-up...white lipstick.  I especially remember my 13th birthday as I got a new pocketbook (a Southern term for sure) and inside there were 13 new dollar bills.  I thought I was rich!  My DS, Andy turns 14 on Tuesday.  He's longing for a long board...over 10x's  $13's! But then that is what birthday's are for. 

I thought I would bust out a birthday card for him and make it fit the 365 Card Blog Saturday Challenge, to have everything front and center. I used my favorite pick-up truck image from B-Line Designs.  It was inked with ColorBox Raven Black onto DoubleMates merigold paper. I embossed it in clear ep and colored in the chrome bits with a silver gel pen. It is popped on foam mounting squares.I added an Andy name stamp, #14 rub-on's from Making Memories and the fab, "OH, Happy Day" (Wordsworth).


11 comments:

Ann said...

Awesome guy card! Great job on the challenge, and happy b-day to your guy!

Regina Easter said...

oh yikesssssssssssss, this is to adorable...hugs

AUsome mom said...

This is fabulous! I love the truck. Great masculine card ;)

Vicky said...

this is such a COOL card! fantastic "boy" card - great job!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Fantastic card your DS will love it and the long board.

~amy~ said...

magnificent Susan!!! I had no idea that you're boy is the same age as my girl..she turned 14 in march! Perfect card!!

Anonymous said...

great card, I just love that truck, congratulations on making such a greatttt !!!!! guy card

Dolce Deb's Designs said...

Wowza what a great card. Guy cards can be a bit of a challenge but this one rocks! Great job with this challenge.

ChristineCreations said...

oh Susan...14! My oldest will be 13 in a few months, love this card girl! It may or may not be a long board in the present department...but it's a sweet ride on the card! :)

Julia Aston said...

What a wonderful clean design on this Susan! I'm sure Andy will love this great vintage truck on his b'day card as well as whatever gift you get for him!

Anne Harada said...

This is awesome! I love the design, the retro look of the truck and the CAS outcome!!