12/29/10

counting down...

We're on the downhill slide into 2011, gurls!  Ready or not that big ball in Times Square is gonna drop.
I thought I would get a jump on the festivities by wishing you a Happy New Year and Peace.


The Sketch Challenge on SCS today inspired my layout.  I used an vintage image from a local artist whose work was inspired by illustrations done pre-1900.  The clock was stamped with VersaColor Black.  I applied Crystal Effects to the face and stamped the Happy New Year with Adirondack's 'Pool'.  An optimistic color wouldn't you say?  The peace ticket is Invoke Art's.  Number paper, Cosmo Cricket.

I am reminded of this wonderful Mercy Me song when I think about imaging.  Have a listen.

And thank you for your support as I found my artful way back this past year.  My prayer  is that
the New Year would bring peace, time, and creativity in that special balance that is uniquely yours.

4 comments:

MariLynn said...

I like the vintage images. I really like the ticket to peace. I pray that everyone will accept that ticket! Praying for a New Year filled with joy and blessings! HUGS!!!

~amy~ said...

Such the perfect mix of patterns and embellies...lovely work...balance, that is the key, isn't it? Happy new year!!

Emily Keaton said...

This is wonderful, Susan! I just love all the time, number, and peace images you worked into this. So very clever! Happy New Year!! :)

Stella said...

You are a master in finding balance.... Look at this! So many different items on this card and yet so well balanced. Your card is stunning!
I am glad I found your blog and I know for sure I know for sure I will be back (often!) in 2011. There is always something beautiful to see and read.
Hugs,
Stella