12/12/10

Possibilities...




What do you see in the Moxie Fab Tuesday Trigger 'All that Glitters' this week?  I see my favorite color in the whole world...since I was 5...a very long time ago.   It's my Daddy's and my oldest son's too.  I think of it mentioned in the Bible, the color of royalty.  The hue made from plant material.

                                                         
It's the beauty berry outside my kitchen window that feeds the birds all winter.  And as spring arrives the berries hue fades and it's time for the crocus to burst from the frozen ground...I am surrounded. And I love it!  Just in case you can't read the plaque among all those luscious berries, it 'tis:  TODAY is a gift, that is why they call it the Present.  So creating a card was joyful play for me this week.

 
I loved the varying shades of the photograph and decided to bring those in with papers from various Basic Grey groups.  The ribbon is a silk striated trim.  My sentiment from Wordsworth was inked with VersaMark and then Nick Bantock's Damson Plum, embossing with clear.  I stamped it on a shimmery silver and then cut another mat from a more opaque silver paper.  Vintage German scrap was placed under the circle and then along the edge of the two purples. The card base is Brazzill linen.


Thanks so much for stopping by to visit, please tell me what your favorite color is.

Blessings for today and the 'morrow.


8 comments:

Marilyn (stampwithMJ) said...

Beautiful card and the color is truly royal! hugs and wishes to you for a happy holiday season ~ from your royal blue friend :)

Joanne (jojot) said...

purple perfection....love your story of your purple surroundings

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Susan! What a pretty approach to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! Thanks so much for playing along! :)

Sabrina said...

Hmm, purple is not my favourite colour by a long way -I think that would be red. But it does remind me of my teacher I had when I was 9-11, of whom I was very fond and continued to visit for as long as she taught in the school. I had to look beauty berries up - I am sure we don't have them here, but my, they are beautiful!! So is your photo - I wish I could see your garden in real life, with all those little surprises tucked away here and there.

~amy~ said...

ooohhh...this is an excellent take on the trigger...so very pretty!

Stella said...

Purple is alwways a challenge for me. I find it hard to create with.... But your card...wow! It's stunning and a perfect take on the challenge!
Enjoy your day!

Cynthia Schelzig said...

I am so glad you came by my blog....now I found your blog. Wonderful work! I really like your style!

♥Jan♥ said...

Basic Grey's purple papers are just marvelous, aren't they ! And you did them every bit of justice too, and the ribbon is perfect.

I know you would guess that my favorite color is green, since my house has a couple of monochromatic green rooms. BUT - just like you I think the best color is purple !! (tho' purple and green is about the best color combo I can think of...)

Glad you enjoyed your afternoon with us - we really loved having you ! Thanks again for the sparkling cider, which we truly enjoyed. My neighbor, Irene, thought you were adorable....