7/21/09

new creation


I wanted to post my challenge card for the Cornish Heritage Farms Summer Stamp Star. It was week 3: Resist. I had a wonderful time using this technique. I stamped the CHF flowers and lace backgrounder with VersaMark and embossed with Ranger Sea Foam powder. It is a pale cream. I used ChalkBox inks for my rainbow of color. The scripture is also from CHF...it was inked with black Stazon onto recycled packaging and edged with a scallop border. The lace panel was pierced for more dimension. I added a hand dyed silk ribbon and vintage velvet flowers on the left side. The tiny keyhole is from Melissa Francis. On the right side is a pretty black foil German scrap edge.

This was one that sat on my counter for several days as I fiddled with just the right touch. In the end, I kept it simple...I wanted the scripture and the texture of the pattern to shine.

Thanks so much for stopping by...

9 comments:

~amy~ said...

Susan...gorgeous work...love your new blog header...is that your gorgeous yard??!!!

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh Susan - this is lovely! I can't believe all of the pretty details - this must have taken such a long time!

Liz Williams said...

Wow, this is beautiful. Love those colors of the rainbow. Makes me wish for the rain we so need so badly!!! Love that scripture and what a beautiful way to glorify God's words! We've got to share it with the world every way we can!!
Is that a new picture of your garden???

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the delicate colors!

Dawn B. said...

Susan this is beautiful. I love the colors. It looks like a rainbow. Such a soothing card. Great job. I also love your flower garden at the top of your blog.. Hugs to you. SUmmer is going way too fast.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Very beautiful & sumptious design.
I love the depth & detail.

Julia Aston said...

Oh my goodness - the rainbow embossed bg is just beautiful! and I love the stamping on the acetate, the sweet flowers and wonderful lock charm.... very inspiring card Susan.

I didn't win for the July PTI challenge - :( but there's always next month!! thanks for asking GF!!

Lovely Linda said...

Susan, this card is so serene and spectacular at the same time!! I love youe Emboss Resist, you have created a masterpiece - the sentiment is so true and one of my favourite scriptures! Thank you Susan for your sonstant flow of inspiration! God bless you sister!! {{{hugs}}}

Carolyn V said...

Susan, you have inspired me... 'lovely' doesn't cut it ~ this is beyond lovely. The details are perfect.