8/16/09

an artist cannot fail


I hope you are all enjoying a blissful Sunday afternoon...I finally got to create and just had to honor SCS'es (is that a word) Featured Stamper Stamp Muse. M is kind, encouraging, and generous of our creative community! It was a thrill to see her selected.


The card I designed features photographs my son, Sam and I took last week in our garden. I had never seen a zebra patterned dragonfly until we spotted (ha, ha) this one on one of the water features. With Sam being 6'3" I had him photograph the one of the wing span and I managed to get the front shot in between gusts of wind. The dragonfly had a most interesting technique for keeping balanced. Other details about this card are Basic Grey Lime Rickey Catawba Flip paper, Papertrey Ink New Leaf, and B Line Design quote inked with ColorBox Dragonfly black ink.

It's a gorgeous day here in the PNW...low '80's, light winds. Hope the sun is shining on you or moonshine!

3 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

what a great way to use a photo...very artsy, my dear

Julia Aston said...

Oh My Susan! what a beautiful dragonfly! how super that you got a snap of it - or two of them! and then stapled them together!!! love the curled paper and the bright green color - and wonderful sentiment!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card and wonderful sentiment!