3/27/09

blossoming


Judy, our hostess for the Limited Supplies issued a great challenge today...all black and white and silver...now usually monochromatic cards have one pop of color, but not so with this one!  My entry just flowed ~~~once I gave up hunting for a sentiment that was nowhere to be found, guess I'll save that for another day!  I used a lovely Reuben's image of an older woman paired with the saying:  like the bulb of a blossoming flower, a woman grows more lovelier with time.  

Now I don't know about you, but I am trying to learn this GRACEFULLY every day.  Just lately, when I look in the mirror, the woman I see looking back at me is NObody I recognize.  The me inside is not quite the me outside!  I've been thinking on this question for years...even asked every friend and woman relative I have:  when the people who knew you all your life are gone, will the essence of who you are (as all the younger versions of yourself) be evident?  That zest for life, the giggles of girlhood, the passions of a women, and the beauty of growing into the wrinkle, silver hair stage!  I want my passing through these years to be lighthearted...but I need to figure out how to embrace all the changes my body is going through...how about you, ever feel any of these crazy musings?  I'd love to hear your take on this...

3 comments:

~amy~ said...

I love your card...sooo pretty...nice mix of black, white and silver...

blossoming gracefully...I think it is something we all strive for....I'll be honest, I'm not too fond of my grey hairs... ...but I also tell myself that as the years go by, I get to see the kids grow..that makes everything worthwhile...

Anonymous said...

What an elegant piece! Love the way you did the frame and the theme is wonderful! The beauty of experience and exhuberant living cannot be denied!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is wonderful, Susan! All of your work is so thoughtful. Growing older, hmmmm. It beats the alternative, but I'm not sure I'm accepting it gracefully, lol. I sometimes think I must have a lot of lessons to learn here, because almost w/o fail, I take the hard way.