10/27/10

Delicious Autumn


I've forgotten which Challenge Blog I saw this sentiment last week, but I couldn't resist ordering George Eliot's quote from Prickley Pear. Autumn is my very favorite season and I am holding out for a few more weeks of glorious leaves. The Memory Box Twiggy paper group was perfect for my card. I added a bird and globe to carry the theme of flying the world over to chase successive autumns. Almost like modern day storm chasers.

George Eliot was Mary Ann Evans' pen name. She is said to taken the name of a male to garner more respect for her work. She is the author of MiddleMarch, Silas Marner, and The Mill on the Floss. The quote I used, in case it is hard to read:

Delicious
Autumn!
My very soul is
wedded to it.
and if I were
bird I would
fly about the
earth seeking
the successive
autumns.

I hope today you will be able to enjoy another lovely autumn day!

5 comments:

~amy~ said...

sooo pretty susan...fall is one of my favorite seasons in the pacific northwest {minus the sideways rain!}...

Sabrina said...

It's getting windier here and most of the leaves are coming down - I enjoyed wading through a shin-high pile on the bridge this morning. The leaves and sentiment have almost an Asian feel to them - and that bird and globe combined with the airmail stamp made me smile. You must have the most amazing eclectic collection.

Jean Franks Beck said...

Oh my goodness this is gorgeous!!! And I love that sentiment - ooooh, I will have to get that. Thanks for enabling.. I mean sharing, LOL!

B said...

Wow, this is so pretty! Love the fun use of the globe and bird together!

Julia Aston said...

Love this wonderful collage of images Susan - and that sentiment - I'm so glad you wrote it out because my tired eyes couldn't quite make it out on your card today!! I feel like I've been to an American Lit class after reading your post!

Big congrats on being Moxie fab with your pleated theater curtain card dear friend!

Oh - and I made 6 houses, 6 pails and just the 3 bottles! Everything sold but the houses for some reason - but then I sold 3 of them at work!