10/22/10

Susan's Letter


I love collage. I love all the little fiddly bits, that lying on your table seem like a mess waiting to be put away. But with a practiced eye can become so much more when joined together. I don't really know how well I 'do' collage, but I do know when it 'feels' I've gotten it right. And some- times it means sleeping on a project and coming back to it with fresh eyes. Today's' card for the Friday challenge on SplitCoast is such an example. You were to create a flap card. I thought an envelope was just the ticket.

The romantic image is from a retired Stampin Up set called Friendship's Journey. My Dear Susan letter stamp was a gift from my BFF before there was all these abbreviations for best friends forever! Of course a letter writer much have a fountain pen and a bottle of India Ink, part of a wonderful collection of writing accessories from Invoke Arts, Pens and Nibs. Other details, if you are interested are in my gallery on SCS.

Happy Fall and Friday, all. May you have lots of time for creating this weekend.

2 comments:

Linby said...

Just been having a look around your blog - your work is very original and gorgeous. I love how you use perspective in your work.
Lynn x

Sabrina said...

Hmm - I thought envelopes too, but I have still to get to making a card with any sort of flap on it. I instantly focussed on the Paris here, as we are trying to decide whether to book flights for December or will the strikes still be going on...knowing the French, they could!!
I never knew what the second F in BFF stood for, you have educated me today. And I could swear I have an old bottle of ink just like that tucked away somewhere.
Happy weekend to you too.