1/17/09

chairs and dreams


I love chairs, I know I've said it before!  Something about them, as I type this I look around our family room and I see no less than 7 different styles of chairs!!!   And that doesn't count my chair collections!!!   I appreciate the differences and am reminded we are all unique...comfy models or upright ones, a curve here or tuft there.  I love them all...I know I never tire of them.

Of course the challenge for the Inspiration today on SCS was Pottery Barn Teen Catalog.  How easy to find more chairs to make my heart beat faster!!!  This time Polka Dot!!!  I had to recreate the PB Teen room and add my spin on the framed sentiment!  We all need to DREAM, one of mine would be to have a total rehouse remodel with rooms filled with new furniture.  

What are you dreaming of...I'd love to hear!

4 comments:

~amy~ said...

Love how you've created your room Susan...the chairs are absolutely magnificent and add such a fresh pop of color in your room!

Julia Aston said...

I love the textures on your 'walls' Susan and your fun dotted chairs - I am imagining what kind of real chairs you have in your family room!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, I love those chairs. TFS.

Secret Dreams And Passions said...

chairs and dreams.. one wouldn't think they could have anything to do with the other..or could they IF the chairs had ears?? I had a favorite chair, one that had been purchased when my son was about 5, it has traveled to 6 different states, and when I became a Christian, it was my prayer closet.I have prayed, I have cried, I have relaxed and laughed, I have held my first precious Granddaughter, and it has brought me comfort, peace and protection of Jesus Christ, ALL in my chair. Well, my chair, about 2 years ago broke... I've yet to find a chair that I value so much, but it's not so much the chair itself, it's the wonderful peaceful feeling I get when I was in that chair. I MUST go to the Lord and ask for His peace!!!!
I absolutely really enjoy your blog, and wish I could sit on a porch, with a big glass of ice water and just chat with you.. you sound like a wonderful sister in Christ!!!! I used to live near Dallas myself.
Enjoy your day, it's a gift from our God!!
Denise from OHio

Phil 4:13