6/25/09

homecoming...


Good Day everyone, with our Fourth of July celebration so close I've been thinking of homecomings. What joy it brings to us all, when a loved one walks back up the driveway and into our arms. My card today celebrates this feeling. And using bright and bold colors, it covers the Ways to Use it challenge on SCS. I used many hues to create the feeling of home and Artistic Outpost's new She-roes set (the woman solider) and older releases (Serenity and Home). The woman was inked on acetate, I used a vintage star button that I embossed with gold ep. The scene of the homestead was inked and then the background chalked. I used a rainbow of colors around the edge with the beautiful flower flourish from the Serenity set. Various fibers and twill add texture to the card.

Check out the awesome Heros and She-roes sets here.

4 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Wow wow, love all the details and texture super job.

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful creation Susan - I'm always in wonder of how you put together your cards - I couldn't do it in a million years - love the stamps and colors you used on this!

~amy~ said...

seriously, this is quite the piece of art! It look be lovely in a black shadow box....great work Susan...it is stunning!

Debby said...

Susan this is gorgeous. Took my breath away when I saw it on the AO blog, wanted to come over and tell you how much I love it!