6/19/09

it's a hullaboo


continuing on with yesterday's lament...here's another card that is late, late, late!  And for my dearest friend, no less!  I enjoyed your sharing your traditions and comments about being on the ball, on time, and some even like me, always behind!!!

The 365 Card Blog challenge for Day 111 was Say it with Stripes.  Well since it is also Cosmo Cricket Week, I had to use this stripey circle paper from the Hello, Sunshine group.  I love the retro '50's patterns.  I added my sentiment (Amy Symthe~Inkadinkadoo) stamping on a glossy green oval cut and dry embossed with the Spellbinder large ovals. The 7 Gypsies red arrow points to the hullaboo.

Writing about hullaboo's reminds me of the teen dance club of the same name.  We wore white patent leather go-go boots and danced the summers away in the  innocence of the late '60's. From Otis Redding to the Herman's Hermits and that slow dance favorite, Whiter Shade of Pale by Procol Harum.  It was a party then and in my heart, I am still that young girl who wants to raise up a hullaboo...

Thanks for having a look and let me know some of your summer favorites...I'd love that!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

ooooooh!!!! great card, I just love it. Have a great weekend.

Julia Aston said...

I have this paper Susan and I have just not been able to fit it onto a card yet - you have done it splendidly here! I remember those years - but I didn't have the white go go boots - I was a clog, earth shoe, madras plaid halter top kind of girl!

love your bright card and the fun edge of the DP!

Fi said...

Great bold and fun card, love your papers.
Hugs
Fi

Cindy Haffner said...

Pretty, pretty, love the fold on his!!!!!!!!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Susan, another great card as usual and although I don't remember wearing the white go-go boots and dancing I remember the songs your rattled off. I especially loved "Whiter Shade of Pale".

~amy~ said...

Oh Susan...love this hello sunshine card...that ribbon is toooo FUN!!! OMGoodness...white go-go boots...now how stinkin' fun is that??!!!

Karen Lee said...

Lovin' this happy card!! I so remember white go-go boots...LOL!!

hugs, Karen Lee

Mark's Finest Papers said...

Susan, this is a FABULOUS card! As usual, I'm in awe of your creation!

Great memories you have! I was child with velour sweat suits in bold colors with bell bottoms....I remember my older cousins wearing the white boots, though!And, I had been to several American Band Stand tapings when I was VERY young!

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Luv the card! Luv how you used the patterned paper!

Unknown said...

Aahhhh the 60's. . .good times!!! I remember the white boots lol. Great card Susan.
Hugs
Michelle M