6/18/09

old Daddy


Here I go again, putting yet another card in the post that will arrive late!  It's funny to me because I am always punctual when it comes to arriving at meetings, dates, and work on time.  For the life of me, I can't figure why I am such a dismal failure in this area!  My Mom just keeps on celebrating until cards stop being delivered...but one very close relative feels if it doesn't arrive on the day, then it doesn't count!!!  I can understand the thinking.  This actually reminds me of one year when I was home from college for the summer and one of my brothers and I decided to order a fancy bakery cake for Mimi's birthday...we were go proud of ourselves and it was beautiful!  Only we discovered that evening we were 2 days early!!!  Now would you consider that reverse forgetting?????  Everyone had a great laugh over the early bird special and dug in.

This Father's Day card was created for the 365 Card Blog Day My Guy Challenge, the sketch is Laura's No. 28 from 2sketches4you.  The Ways to Use it Challenge on SCS was to incorporate texting in your work.  I used Cogsmo paper from Cosmo Cricket, the Cuddlebug Argyle embossing folder and a Dynamo label maker.  

So getting back to my title, dear old Daddy will be pulling this outta his post box Monday, IF I'm lucky that is!  And dear readers, I would love to hear how you keep on top of running behind challenge, how DO your loved ones get YOUR cards on time!


16 comments:

Karen Lee said...

Great guy card!

hugs, Karen Lee

Judy Rozema said...

Ok, I am can so relate!! My DH's family hardly even acknowledges birthdays and things, so if we are late, it's always ok. My family, on the other hand, has to be ON TIME! One time I spent $100 to next day air my sister's Christmas presents for my parents. I think that I like things spread out! I wouldn't have minded getting gifts late! But, she was away from the rest of the family and wouldn't have anyone to spend the holidays with (no family where she is), so that is what we did. (It was awhile ago, and I wouldn't dream of doing that now!)

So - I figure that people will enjoy things whenever they get them! And phone calls can be on time! (Except we usually forget...)

I do have email reminders of birthdays!

Sherry Eckblad said...

Great card. Love it. I am one of those people who is always early for any event be it a meeting, working, or birthdays. I hate being late.

cnelson said...

cute, cute, cute!!

Anonymous said...

It is such a great card, I don't think anyone will care it didn't arrive on the right day, and any way the mail isn't delivered on Sunday.

Sabrina said...

I think I've left about 6 comments in your gallery because it says *done* and they don't show, not even when I refresh! I'll come back and delete some when I can see them...
I am paranoid about sending cards to be on time - and acknowledging cards/gifts promptly when they arrive. My half-sis in MA is atrocious, a Christmas present in July is not unheard of, and I still haven't got the card from last Christmas that she said was all ready to post. I think what we do is what we like ourselves - I like gifts and cards on the day (though I'll open birthday cards early), so I do my best to send them on time too. But I understand when life happens. And this year I had a terrible April, I think I was at least a day late with almost every birthday. Punctual in life too, DH says he is very glad of that.

~amy~ said...

I love your card Susan and so will your pop :) Here's the thing, I believe in the never-ending birthday...it HAS to be celebrated for at LEAST 1 week....so I figure if the birthday girl/boy receives their card late it is with pure intention of celebrating the never-ending birthday celebrations...LOL

BTW, GREAT job combining sooo many challenges :)

Unknown said...

Susan I am always a little late with cards. Never mind it is the thought that counts. Your card is great by the way and I can see what you mean about the argyle embossing folder it seems as if a lot of us have it lol
Hugs
Michelle

Chrissie said...

Great card. Love those staples!
Chrissie

Laura Davis said...

What a cute card! Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura & Kazan autfultr

Cindy Haffner said...

Super cool, awesome job.

AUsome mom said...

FABULOUS!!! Really...this card is too, too fab!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

What a fun card! Reminds me of all the circuit boards DH used to have laying around. I think I'm worse, Susan. I actually had my card made for my dad probably a month ago. But I forgot to mail it until today. Yikes!

claudia shadler said...

oh my gosh, this is totally a card that a dad or any guy would like! it has circuit boards from a computer! Very cool looking, I love it!

Clouds :D

Jenny S. (UK) said...

This is so fantastic. Very blokey and love it to bits. I wish I had a dad to send a card like that to. So even if it's late it matters not a jot. Jenny x

Julia Aston said...

This card is so fun Susan and it hit so many challenges!!! I used to be always on time with my cards when I bought them - but now that I make them - it seems that I don't get them made in time for particular people - mostly I'm pulling one out of the pile of challenge cards I've made if it fits the occasion - for example - our 12th anniversary is Sunday - have I made a card for DH????? NO!!! luckily - he is away for the weekend - helping his sister open their camp in NH so we won't even be together to celebrate on the day - so I get a little time to make a card!!!