1/22/11

Pleasure...

It's a Moxie Fab challenge Gray is the New Black.  I kinda like that since I am finding more and more gray hairs these days!   You might say I am embracing the gray.  This stylish grey paper is none other than Basic Grey's from the Ambrosia group...another one I have hoarded.  My beautiful silver tressed beauty is a B Line Designs stamp called 'Pleasure'.  Isn't she lovely, lost in thought?



I stamped the image onto cardstock with Memento Tuxedo Black and colored with Copics.  Her dress is a piece of vintage lace.  The jewelry is 'tahitian pearls'.  I colored her hair with a glittered silver pen, just a few streaks.  The remember is from Just Right little stampers...I added the snippet of velvet trim and also stitched around the bottom edge.

I love the elegance and gracefulness of by gone days.  Being raised in the South, I remember my Grandmother, Aunts and Mother always dressing to go out...and that included gloves and hats.  There was a certain theatre to getting ready.  As a young woman, I continued the tradition for many years,
 until I moved out West where the lifestyle was such, it was out of place.  But let me go 'home' to visit and while the gloves and hats are mostly gone,  I always pack my 'dress up' clothes!

Thanks so very kindly for visting.  If you've got a few moments, I'd love to hear your story about dressing up.

Blessings

8 comments:

Joanne (jojot) said...

pure elegance of yesteryear.....gorgeous

~amy~ said...

Oooohhh...love what you've done Susan...that vintage lace is thee perfect touch for the gorgeous image you used...

Dressing up...I'm a casual gal but I remember back in the late 80's/early 90's I use to dress up in suits to go to work..um...no more...I typically wear jeans or khaki's now...

Emily Keaton said...

Susan, your hoarded BG paper is the perfect backdrop for this beauty!! Your card is amazing.

I'm pretty casual these days, too, but do usually try to dress up for church on Sundays!

Stella said...

Such an elegant take on the trigger. And this is stunning! Funny; I also created a card with a combo of grey and pink ( sort of soulmate :)!!)

And getting dressed up? On one of my previous jobs I had to wear suits and now these days I wear jeans. But I love to wear skirts; just above the knee with thick nylons ( how do you call these? my english is horrible...forgive me)
And I have a place in my heart for jewelry; earrings,a necklace and a bracelets. It doesn't have to be expensive jewelry but I love to dress a bit up with it. And a bit of make up; not too much. Just a touch of...
Hugs,
Stella

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Susan! Thanks for entering the Gray is the New Black challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

SmilynStef said...

I absolutely adore this inspired card ... so very classy.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful card! i love how you used the vintage lace for her dress - so pretty!

♥Jan♥ said...

As always, your imagination staggers me. She is incredibly beautiful.

When I was a child we always dressed for church on Sunday, and of course skirts for school. Friday nights the big downtown stores would be open, what a treat to dress up and shop. I was just telling my husband today how much I miss seeing younger ladies in their well tailored clothes. Guess that time has passed.