12/12/08

but Santa


I was up for a limited challenge today on SCS.  To go green, recycle. I have a little box where I keep my rejects.  It is fun to go through it every now and then to see what's in there, kind of like 'PICK me, pick me'!  So for the Christmas collage I created today, there are 7 elements I found waiting to be combined into something fresh and new.  From the photo art, a visit with Santa, to the angel looking over the scene (naughty OR nice), I managed to bring all these ideas together.  I added the bit of pom-pom to the left edge, it reminded me of the chenille's of my childhood.  Did you know chenille is an 18th century French word meaning 'hairy caterpillar'?  

I have a couple of pictures of me and my siblings sitting on Santa's lap...I've wanted to create something with them for the longest time...today just might be the day...I'll let you know.    

3 comments:

Jami said...

Another masterpiece!!! That hairy caterpillar is perfect on this! Thanks for the smile today!
hugs, Jami

~amy~ said...

WOW...you rock being able to combine all those elements...hairy caterpillar...that's interesting, I had no idea...

Lynn Stevens said...

I Love your book, the vintage feel is wonderful