12/28/08

the courage to imagine




I am sorry to be long in posting here...it's been wildly chaotic lately...in the best sort of ways, but I am always glad when my life is back to a routine...I am much happier in that regard.  How about you?  Are you a fly by the seat of your pants or are boundaries more comfortable?  I am thankful I have people in my life that will hold me accountable and challenge me to grow in areas where I am weak.  It's that first step thinking...just get moving so I am excited for 2009 to begin...I've still got areas to improve upon,  I never want to stop learning.

I've felt the creative muse dancing on my studio counter top lately and I've let her play.  Don't you love it when you have the seed of an idea and all of a sudden, that idea has flowered into a piece of art and you stand there thinking, 'Wow, where did that come from?'   My dear husband says he like to just sit and watch me in the creative process as an idea takes flight.  So here's whats been flying at my house recently.   These all have been posted to my gallery  on SCS for various challenges.  


4 comments:

Anne Harada said...

Oh my gosh! These cards are amazing and delightful! I love the collages you are making, the paper piecing (that bus!! LOVE it!!) is fascinating! Your personality shines through in these!!

~amy~ said...

Such FUN Susan!!! I Love that VW bus...fabulous! That wingback chair is magnificent and the artist in the 3rd card is splendid....I'll have to tap into your SCS gallery :)

Joan Ervin said...

Love all your cards, Susan...the paper you used for the bus is soo perfect and the images, colors and papers on all the cards are sooo awesome!!! Hope you had a great holiday and many good wishes for a wonderful New Year!!

Julia Aston said...

I just love your creativity on all three of these wonderful creations Susan! All I can think of is that song "the magic bus" with your fun VW colors! and the chair and window card is just magical!